Oct 14, 2020
Concern about indoor exposure to mold has been increasing as the public becomes aware that exposure to mold can cause a variety of health effects and symptoms, including allergic reactions. Mold can be found almost anywhere. It can grow on virtually any organic substance as long as moisture and oxygen are present. There are types of mold that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, foods, and insulation. When excessive moisture accumulates in buildings or on building materials, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problems remains undiscovered or unaddressed.
Since mold requires water to grow, it is important to prevent moisture problems in buildings. Moisture problems can have many causes, including uncontrolled humidity. Some moisture problems in buildings have been linked to changes in building construction practices during the 1970s, 80s, and 90s. Some of these changes have resulted in buildings that are tightly sealed, but may lack adequate ventilation, potentially leading to moisture buildup. Building materials, such as drywall, may not allow moisture to escape easily. Moisture problems may include roof leaks, landscaping or gutters that direct water into or under the building, and unvented combustion appliances. delayed or insufficient maintenance are also associated with moisture problems in schools and large buildings. Moisture problems in portable classrooms and other temporary structures have frequently been associated with mold problems.
When it comes to mold problems, prevention is very important. There are a few ways you can prevent mold in your buildings:
While prevention is important, mold issues can still occur and water sources can quickly result in the mold infestation fo homes and businesses. Hiring a professional mold removal company is crucial. Bio-One technicians quickly stop and remove the fungus that occurs naturally in areas subjected to humidity, condensation, water leaks, and insufficient ventilation. Using state-of-the-art safety equipment, Bio-One technicians properly block off areas infested with mold and discard any household or business items that have been highly contaminated, whether that entails tearing out or reconstructing areas or less thorough mold removal procedures. Inadequate removal of mold spores can lead to health risks that include respiratory complications, skin irritation, and severe allergic reactions.